Friday, October 17, 2008

Chores Galore!




We have decided it is time to give the kids a little responsibilty! Also Jackson has been asking to make his own money....that conversation went something like this. "Mom, I need to make my own money so I can buy my own things....now!" LOL! So we put this little plan into action. They have begun their own chores. They are doing pretty well. Part of Jackson's jobs are to make his bed and set the table. I think they have done pretty well...what do you think!?

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

My kids love doing chores the first day and complain the rest of the time. Then, when it comes time for money divvieng (sp?) they can't understand why it's not flowing!

melissa said...

Wow, my kids just get a sticker when they do their chores. I hope Averi never wants to make her bed. I don't even let Chad make beds. I guess I need to loosen up a little. Tell him he did a great job. Averi's favorite job is emptying all the garbage cans.

Sarah Garner said...

Good thinking... it's about time you give that kid that chance to earn some money.. he's got THING to buy you know?!!!

:)

Good job guys!

OlmsteadFam said...

They're doing great! Its so great when the kids can help out and now that mine can use the cleaners I love being able to tell them to go clean the bathroom and it actually get's done relatively well, ya!

Lara said...

OK, I just had to take a peek of your blog, Jamie. I hope you don't mind. It is so cute!

I love that you are involving the kids in the house work. I try but it is hard for me. Sometimes when they are not watching I have to re-clean what they cleaned. I am really trying to let it go. Keep it up. I think it is so good for them.

You can check out our crazy fam at http://bubbyhouse.blogspot.com/

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

First off I just found our your prego CONGRATS!!! And the chore idea is great I remember earing money when I was young I LOVED it!! :)